Across the UK, thousands of incredible people are getting sponsored to shave their hair for Macmillan Cancer Support.
Whatever your reason, whoever you do it for - by braving the shave, you'll be helping Macmillan support even more people living with cancer.
Since 2015 our brave shavers have raised over £16.8 million. Be part of something amazing and help us raise more!
How it works
- Sign up to Brave the Shave
- Pick a date to shave on
- Ask friends and family to sponsor you
- Shave, shave, shave!
Little Princess Trust
As well as fundraising for Macmillan, you can give your hair to the Little Princess Trust, a charity that provides real hair wigs to children and young adults who have lost their own hair through cancer treatment and other illnesses.
For details on how to donate your hair, check out our FAQs.
After your shave
As you'll have less natural protection from the sun, remember to wear a hat or suncream on your head when you go outside.
We've got some nifty tips from celebrity hairdresser Lee Stafford to help you care for your hair after your shave too:
- Use shampoo and conditioner, even on a shaved head. It will keep your hair clean and conditioned
- When shampooing, massage your head for a few minutes to stimulate blood flow to your scalp - this promotes hair regrowth
- Having regular haircuts will help if you want to grow your hair again
- Hair regrowth varies from person to person; however curly hair may appear to grow slower
- Embrace your shorter hair and take advantage of styling it! Ruff it up, slick it back, experiment and have fun!